In the context of Android smartphone, HTC is horning up to take on long time ruler Samsung with its HTC One series handsets. While HTC One X is a beast designed to take on another monster named Samsung Galaxy SIII, One V is a mid range smartphone that might bring HTC back in the smartphone race. Now, thanks to advancement of XDA forum developer, HTC One V is getting custom ROM treatment. Unlike Stock ROM, which imposes certain carrier specific rules, custom ROM are tend to break your device free from any restrictions. There is a long debate on as to why to go for custom ROM over stock firmware, but we would not like to divert our attention to those minute details. In fact, you interest in reading this article reflects your knowledge about the subject.
To install custom ROM, you would need to have unlocked bootloader and you should also root your device in prior to attempt installing custom ROM firmware on your HTC One V. Users should be warned of the consequences of rooting the device and installing custom firmware. In any case, your will void manufacturer warranty. However, re-installing the latest stock firmware will bring your device back to previous stock condition giving you respite from all sorts of trouble.
Procedure to Install Suprimo
Follow below steps carefully to install suprimo custom ROM on your HTC One V device
Prior rooting your One V, you must backup all data to safe location. This includes SMS backup, Contact backup, Files backup (image, video, docs and almost everything) and carrier settings. Also make sure that you have charged your device battery upto 60% of higher for uninterrupted operation.
Features of Suprimo
- Based on latest RUU
- XLOUD enabled
- Smooth scroll tweak enabled
- Aroma Installer
- 8 Skins
- 3 finger gesture
- Titanium Kernel
- More features to be added later
- Unlock HTC One V bootloader and Rooting
Follow this XDA thread to follow step by step guide to unlock One V bootloader and root the device.
- Make sure you’ve unlocked bootloader and rooted your device before attempting below steps
- Download Suprimo Custom ROM from here
- Move downloaded Suprimo Custom ROM to the SD card of your device. In order to achieve this you need to connect your device with original USB data cable. Enable USB debugging mode on your phone and transfer the ROM to your device.
- Turn off your One V and enter into CWM recovery mode.
- To enter into recovery mode follow this step carefully. Press and hold Volume Up+ Down+ Power button simultaneously for few second.You device will boot into recovery mode.
- Once you successfully enter into recovery mode, you need to select ‘Install ZIP from SD card’ and then select ‘Choose ZIP from SD Card’. Navigate to Suprimo custom ROM which you earlier moved on your SD card.
- Just wait for the device to load selected Suprimo custom ROM on your device. The whole process will take about 5-10 minutes. Now, you have to press ‘Go Back’ and reboot your device to enjoy newly updated custom firmware on your One V.
Congratulations!!! You’ve successfully installed Suprimo custom ROM on your HTC One V handset. In case if your device is stuck endless into boot loop, you’ll have to follow all the steps again to install the firmware properly.
Should you encounter any problem during the process, comment below with your problem so we can help you out. Alternatively, follow the XDA forum thread to follow any latest updates. Developer of the ROM will help you out in case if you’re stuck at any step. Moreover, you can also follow bug fixing and new updates in the firmware from the official forum thread.
Have you installed Suprimo custom ROM on HTC One V yet?